Kappa Beta wishes everyone Merry Christmas!
Kappa Beta wishes everyone Merry Christmas!
Things you need: This pillow.
A great and unique gift for any new member or little/big sister! These pillows, made by our crafty sister Adrienne, are being given to our Fall 2011 pledge class and we’d like to share the love! If you’d like a pillow, let us know ASAP via my message box and we’ll figure out details. We are charging $5.00 per pillow (S+H TBA). We’re doing all Panhellenic, NPHC and even local sororities if you just tell us your letters and sorority colors! YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS OUT ON THIS :)
(Thanks Kaitlyn for being a wonderful pillow model)
Throw what you know!
Gamma Alpha, Work Week 2011 <3
This is a pretty amazing shot!
My roommate/pledge sister/best friend and I at Virginia Beach! First time I had seen her all summer, I missed her SO much <3 SigKap love!
This looks like some pretty intense dove love!
Hey there everyone! I recently returned from UIFI- a leadership conference for those in fraternities and sororities. It was a life changing experience. Aside from learning some valuable leadership skills and meeting some awesome people, I was hit by a strong reality: Greek Life is not in the best…
I feel like this should be deeply considered every year as we approach rush.
1. Name? Emily-Ann Jugowicz
2. Chapter/School? Delta Alpha / Eastern Michigan University
3. When did you join Sigma Kappa? Did you do formal recruitment? This is kind of a long, odd story. Wiki version: I went through COB Winter 2008 and was held over until Fall 2008. I was initiated in 2008. 1022 <3
4. Tell us about your big, little, G, GG, etc, and your family as a whole. Well, I’m a ladybug and before Fall 2010 we were the biggest family line! Now we’re pretty even with the Cows and Tigers <3 my BIG, Sam, is amazing. I absolutely adore her. My littler, MJ, is absolutely perfect and what I wish every Sigma Kappa would aspire to be. That’s as far as we go thus far! Hopefully MJ takes a little this fall! <3
5. What is your favorite Sigma Kappa memory? Living in the house, no doubt. Random Meijer runs, slurpee runs, bubble tea runs - but definitely Christmas 2009 where we built a fort in the chapter room and kept it up for three days during finals.
6. What makes Sigma Kappa different from all the other great sororities? Definitely our values. We are bound by a Promise to live them out every day until we die. And that we do. It’s truly a beautiful thing.
7. What’s the best gift you’ve ever gotten as a Sigma Kappa? Cue Cheesy Answer: A chance. A chance to be who I knew all along I could be, with a push from some absolutely amazing women, not just from my chapter, but around the states. A chance to be an equally as wonderful sister as all of mine have been. A chance for true friendship and bonding that will last a lifetime.
8. What advice do you have for girls who are considering rushing? As current VPM of my chapter I cannot stress this enough: Just be yourself! Don’t be who you ‘think’ we are. Not only will you be disappointed if/when you get a bid, but we will too. You’re basing your next four (or five…or six) years in college off of a few nights, we’re basing our chapter off of you. Be yourself! We will love you for you!
9. Anything else to add? Sigma K born and Sigma K bred and when I die I’ll be Sigma K dead <3
Would YOU like to be the next Sister of the Week? Submit your answers to this little quiz to us and we’ll post it next Sunday! Dove Love!
staybythebeach asked you:Hello! I am not a sigma Kappa, but I am in a sorority! I just wanted to get some more ideas from different sororities for socials…if you could let me know some of your most successful social events/themes—that would be awesome!
Anyone have any ideas for staybythebeach?
Sigma Kappa in the 1970’s. Like a bossss.
For reals just watched Legally Blonde for the first time since joining SK. Oh my goodness!
“Why don’t you just, like, join a sorority or something?”
“If you would have come to a rush party, I would have at least been nice to you!”
“And as president of my sorority, I handle important topics—
— It’s recently come to my attention that the matinence crew has switched from Charmin to generic. All those opposed to chafing say ‘aye’!”
Hhahahahahaha. Wow. I forgot what a great movie that is.
What a cool photo of some of our beautiful sisters:)
Colby College, original home of Sigma Kappa. Our founders sure had a beautiful campus:)