1. Link to your Tumblr/Name/Chapter/School
My name is Anna :) I go to Elmhurst College in the suburbs of Chicago, and I am a part of the Zeta Iota chapter of Sigma Kappa!
2. Tell us about yourself and when you joined and why you chose Sigma Kappa.
I will be a junior at Elmhurst. I am a Journalism Major with a Dance and Music minor…I want to be a writer who writes about dance or music…but we’ll see if that actually happens. I joined in the fall of 2010 when I was a freshman. Sigma Kappa wasn’t my first choice in the beginning, but when I got my bid I accepted. I am SO glad I did. I don’t think I would be happy anywhere else. Sigma Kappa has taught me so many valuable lessons!
3. Tell us about your chapter! How old is it? Do you have a house/dorm suite/lodge? Do you have traditions different from other chapters? What is greek life like at your school?
My chapter will be celebrating its 35th birthday this coming fall! We are all super excited and we are gonna have a HUGE party! We don’t have a house or anything because in the city where our school is located it is considered a brothel when there are more than 4 people of the same sex with different last names living in the same house…silly, right? Greek life is taking off at my school. There are three sororities and three fraternities ( that doesn’t really seem like a lot.)
4. Tell us about your big, little, etc.
My big, Alex, is the most amazing woman who has ever walked the planet. She is gorgeous, strong, and has a huge heart. She always knows just what to say to make anything better. We have a secret big/little handshake that only her and I know. My twin, Christine, is my best friend. We are total opposites, but I will love her unconditionally. My littles are my babies. Hannah is more like me that anyone I have ever met. We both share an obsession with country music. Beth is a spunky little spit fire. I love her so much! She is funny and charismatic! My grandbaby, Emma, is just like her big: Spunky and charismatic. My family is growing so much and it just fills my heart with happiness!
5. What is your favorite SK memory?
Every minute I spend with my sisters. It’s impossible to pick a favorite memory. One memory that sticks out is retreat this past fall. I’ve never laughed so hard in my life AND I got my two beautiful littles! :)
6. If you could give once piece of advice to a baby dove what would it be?
You get what you put in to the sorority. If you are involved, take a position, or put yourself out there; you will see just how beautiful Sigma Kappa really is.
7. What would you change about your chapter (or Sigma Kappa in general) if you could? Being more on time. We are always running a half hour late for almost everything!
8. Are you open to being followed, messaged, and/or sisterstalked?
Yes, yes, a million times yes! I would love to meet all of my sisters who are out there! yay sisters!
9. Anything else to add??
I love meeting sisters. I love wearing my sigma kappa clothes because that means that I might get to meet girls who share the letters I am wearing! :D
SO nice to meet you, Anna! We hope you get SUPER sisterstalked:)
Are YOU interested in being featured for Sister Sunday? Copy the questions, answer away, and submit them! Along with a few photos if you dare!